Thursday, February 28, 2013

Easter Card Set @ Inspired Stamps

Mornings dear friends :)

Is really on the ball this week and the girls and I are hopping to inspire you all to get ready for the next celebration of the season ...

Easter!

I must admit, this is one season that usually gets neglected and overlooked in my house and this year Easter is even earlier than normal being the last weekend in March.  So what better theme than to focus our attention on some Easter sets and that is actaully what we are doing this week!

I think that one of the reasons I can easily overlook this season is as I don't have many Easter stamps :( But alas I let my mind wonder to the season of spring and it didn't take long for an idea to pop into my mind using the Flower Buds stamps from Inspired Stamps.  These adorable little flowers remind me of violets and just sing spring to me!
 
 The set together .

Close up of card 1

 Close up of Card 2

Close up of Card 3

 All together again :)

Have you noticed a habbit of late?  I am really trying my hand at C&S!  I do love the look of C&S but in my own cards and attempts at C&S I have never felt like I have ever done the card enough justice nor have I ever been entirly happy with the end result.  One of my new years resolution was to attempt this style more often and as I do more and more of them, I think I am beginning to get better at them.  Mind you ... For a card with such minamal compaired to my normal over embellished ones, C&S seems to take me twice as long as I constantly question myself and every step! lol

This was a really fun set to put together though!  To use the one image in 3 very different ways was challenging and rather rewarding when I was finished.  I am still amazed at the variety of looks and styles you can achieve this way.  The flowers have all been stamped and white embossed and then colored with water color pencils.  For card 2, I stamped and colored an extra flower and toiled it up to make the flower deminsional.  I do love them all, though card 1 with the 3 flowers along the bottom is really hitting a soft spot with me :$

As always, the Inspired Stamps girls have some inspiration to share with you too! 
So please do drop by the blog and see them!
You won't be disapointed with sets they have to show you.

Thank you for stopping into see me today and sharing my Inspired Stamps creation with you!
I look forward to sharing another with you next Thursday :) 
Happy Crafting till then! 

Recipe -
Paper(s) -   Kraft Cardstock, Scraps Cardstock
Tools - Spellbinders Scallop Squares & Large Squares
Embellishment(s) -Distress inks, Water color pencils, white embossing powder, ribbon, bling.
- - - - - - - - - -

6 Treasured comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful cards ,lovely flowers.
Gr Elly

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

Leesa,
These are so beautiful and so versatile! I have been making some of my cards with the Scripture on the inside and this would be a perfect set to do that in! Thanks for all you do for us at Inspired Stamps!
Blessings,
Antoinette

Deneen said...

What a great set of Easter cards, I love the cleans and simple look, and the blue with the Kraft CS.

Sandra H said...

They are so lovely Leesa totally stunning and l like the colour and the card used xx

Pia S said...

These cards are beautiful versions of CAS! I'm not sure I can pick a favorite - they look so great as a trio! I like your idea of using kraft and blue for Easter cards!

Patricia Chalas said...

your set is adorable!

Post a Comment