Wednesday, July 6, 2011

21 and too young to become and angel

This morning I wish I was bringing you a happier card than this one :$
I have fumbled and mumbled over this card as I honestly dislike making cards of this 'genre'.  In truth I would normally buy one than torture myself of making one.  I always second question myself, is the bow to big, are the pearls to much, are the papers right, is the message too deep?  I laid out all the pieces to this card last night and still went to bed sleeping on it till this morning when I stuck it all together after even more changes and I am still uneasy about this card.

But my discomfort was in effort for a gorgeous girl taken to young at the age of only 21.  She sadly lost her fight with cancer on Saturday, and we sadly lost her from our arms as the lord called her to the heavens.  She was greatly loved on this earth and leaves behind a very empty space in the hearts of her parents, younger brother and friends.  She was a treasure worth knowing and I am honored to have known her. 




I have followed the sketch from The Sweet Shop as I needed to have focus on something.  The dancing angel image I got from Elfwood HERE and I have lightly glittered up her wing tips as I like to think Renee would have sparkly wings in heaven.  The sentiment I generated on my computer and made a slight variation to the original verse with adding 'dancing with angels now' in place of 'happy' as I find more comfort with this thought.

It is moments like these were we all stop and reflect our own lives.  I am only 30 years young and I am blessed to have known this fine woman.  As she leaves this earth she leaves me with the gift of living and the reflection that life is short and hence one should not only seize the day, but every day that we are fortunate to have on this earth with the ones we love. 

Today I hold my children for that slight moment longer, listen to their laugh with more intense in-place of it being just regular background noise and see their dreams in their eyes as they play.  And I wish you all the most wonderful day(s).

3 Treasured comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

I am so sorry you had to make this card... it's never easy to lose someone you know... but the card did turn out very nice. That dancing angel is lovely and the embellishments are perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Sandra H said...

You created a lovely card for a special reason love the angel and the embellishments:) Sandra H

Korin said...

How sad, Leesa. I am so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Your card is a beautiful tribute to her life. Thank you for honoring us by using The Sweet Stop sketch for your lovely creation. Hugs to you.

Post a Comment