Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer Lovin'

Breeze 
is the word for Friday with 365 Cards day 87!

Now if I close my eyes on this one...
I can hear waves crashing on the rocks mixed with squawking seagulls flying overhead, and in the far off distance a foghorn from a passing ship.  Smell the tang of seaweed spiced with pungent fish.  Taste the salty bitter ocean on my lips and feel the spray of the waves on the wind as it hits my face ....
And mean while my hair is going everywhere it is NOT meant to be! This memory would be the day my husband proposed to me, in the middle of summer, at Kiama Blow Hole, NSW, OZ.

Summer Lovin It Is!
So what better excuse do I need to make a card for my darling Mother In Law who has just fallen in love, and I think she has really found a keeper this time too!



 I had two color choices for this one, white or blue to represent the wind and I was not feeling 'blue'.  And I am not sure on this card if I have pulled of a 'white on white' as I have the red (have also NEVER pulled one of them off before so I just don't know if I have or not lol).  The gorgeous love tree if from Sew Many Challenges and was the Freebie for Friday (you can get it from HERE but be quick as it is only a limited time one)  and I knew it would go perfectly with this theme and I have been dying to use it since I snagged it.  The sentiment is another from Gingers House.

The image is colored with my Copics and my Promarkers (I have an even stash of both now so witch do I continue to expand??? *delima*)  And I thought I should try stepping out of my comfort zone again and this time with a clean and simple look.  I think I pulled that one though *Woo Hoo*

Wonder what my mind shall think of for LIGHT next ?
Anyway, I am off to sleep on that one :))
Night all.

Thank you for dropping in on me.
Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
365 Cards - Day 87 - Thursday - Cool
Sew Many Cards - Circles
Saturday Challenge - White Space
Craft Us Crazy - Remembrance / Love (1/3)
Gingerloft - Plant a tree
- - - - - - - - - - -

10 Treasured comments:

Georgiana said...

I think the red and white go perfectly together and you pulled it off nicely.

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Leesa, sorry it's been a while! I love the white on white effect, must have a go myself instead of just admiring everyone else's! The red is the perfect compliment for it. Hugs xx

Nikki Byrne said...

Love the red and white, the tree is fab and perfect for our challenge here at gingerloft this week. Good luck. Nikki DT

Sandra H said...

Hi, love this image and the white and red look good together love the hearts and bow truely is beautiful........:)Sandra H xx

Helen said...

Lovely CAS card - the bow looks fab!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Lynn said...

Fabulous card and love the gorgeous tree and big red ribbon to finish:))
Thanks so much for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges:)
Huggs
Lynn xx

PS:I have some blog candy up for grabs if you would like to visit my blog:)

Davi said...

Love the touch of red with the white. Very Very pretty! Im sure your mother in law will be delighted with it:)

downrightcrafty said...

totally beautiful thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Very classy - love the ribbon bow

Thanks for joining our "Clean & Simple" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

Francesca said...

Brilliant card I love the colours and image

Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE
This week

Hugs
Francesca

Post a Comment