Sunday, February 13, 2011

Paris and English Roses

Paris and English roses to me on a general note do not mix, but this is what I had in mind while piecing this card together.  I will say that English roses are not my general thing nor is Paris my style but I had a plan in mind and ... nope it still did not go to the plan.  I was originally thinking all straight lines and a good two or maybe 3 matts but ... Creativity goes where the imagination leads and today I let it lead me. 

I decided I was going to play along with the challenge over on Picture & Scrap and this week we have to play with this image.  
 (I added a dark rose tint to mine)
This is what I ended up with.  As I said, not generally my style but this is growing on me the longer it sits on the mantel piece :)   I love how the feathers soften the picture and I so am in love with the chipboard sign and the posh pins! I even took a flame to the papers to give it a real distressed look and it worked magic on the black cardstock and really brought out a true distressed color.



Fair winds and following seas,
The Navy Wife

Challenges I am entering:
* Picture & Scrap: #2 Use picture provided

2 Treasured comments:

nedergaard ( Lissy ) said...

Wow, this is great... lots of detail's you have done!!

Thanks so much for playing with Pistureandscrap

Renate said...

This is just so beautiful and i love the pink note you have added til the picture.
And the feathers.. stunning dear.

Thank you for playing with us at Picture and Scrap.
Greetings from Renate

Post a Comment