Sunday, February 20, 2011

Color me with Red, Pink and Black @ The Crafty Pad

Color me in Red, Pink & Black 
with The Crafty Pad Challenge this week!


Now that is a yummy combination on its own at the best of times.
But this week, it's the tune the girls at  
The Crafty Pad are playing along to!

And with a Joanna Sheen £10 gift voucher up for grabs! 
I know you wanna play along with us too! 

With a voucher to go shopping up for grabs
I thought I would get ready to go do some spending 
and crafted a gorgeous paper handbag / purse! 

I tried a new technique this week and used some shrink plastic! 
Never played with it before and it was a new one for me.  
I did freak out a little when it all rolled into a ball but as you shall 
see it all flattened itself out in the end *phew* :) 
I also made some adorable handmade flowers using my
favorite technique & the material is from an old chemise of mine that 
I have been hording but have now faced the reality my 
boobs will never go back to "pre-children" size lol  
And added a touch of pearls to 
finish with the posh pins.

I used a Core Dinations paper and distressed and sanded it down to 
bring out the flourish pattern and black core color.  
I also inked over it with my Brilliance Dew Drop Ink Pad
and the flowers in the bow are from my stash of 
Prima Pink Songbird Vine. (So in love with these!)

Today I also chose a Crafty Pad Image
Rose for 0.99p that you can purchase by clicking HERE
And I colored it with ... My NEW COPICS - 
Yes ... I have finally brought some and am staring a collection :$






I think she looks beautiful to the point that I don't know how I am 
going to part with it and send it lol.

Now ... It's your turn to show me Red, Pink and Black 
and by sure to drop by The Crafty Pad for some more scrummy
inspiration from the DT girls.

With no requirements to use a Crafty Pad image there is 
no excuse for not playing along with us!
Though we sure do like to see those images
on your cards!
Challenges this creation is entering:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts -  #9 Spring Flowers Everywhere
Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge - Plastic - I have shrink plastic heart charm
Crafty Cardmakers - Hearts - metal heart charm & heart shrink plastic charm
Cupcuke Craft - #129 I *Heart you - metal heart charm & heart shrink plastic charm
Kaboodle Doodles -  #54 Hearts & flowers - metal heart charm & heart shrink plastic charm and I have flowers.
Woodware USA - #14 Embossing - The DP is embossed (Core Dination)
Bearly Mine - #4 Ribbon & pearls - I have pearls and fabric ribbon
Digital Tuesday - #98 Use a Die Cut - The shrink plastic heart is a die cut as well as the 'latch' on the purse
Papertake Weekly - Putting on the Glitz - I have pearls and shiny satin fabric & the white paper on the 'latch' is a metallic shim glitter paper
Scrap-Creations - Spring Fever - Flowers
Creative Belli -  #111 Felt or Fabric - Handmade flowers are made from my old chemise.
The Creative Cottage -  #33 Fabulous Flowers  *** EDIT*** Made Creative Belle of the Belli :)) 
Forgotten Scraps -  #3 Spring Flowers
Simon Says Stamp - Make your own embellishments - Flowers are hand made and shrink plastic heart charm
Stampin' Royalty -  #59 Mark It Up - used copics to color the image on the shrink plastic heart
Truly Scrumptious - Swirls & Pearls - Swirls embossed on the DP and I have pearls
Charisma Cardz - #7 Spring has sprung
Digi Doodle Shop - #47 Anything goes 
Dutch Dare - DDCC#100 Sparkle/Glittler/Bling - I have pearls and shiny satin fabric & the white paper on the 'latch' is a metallic shim glitter paper
Guylou's Inimitability - Anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey - PCJ 4 Anything goes
Paper Play - Add shine - I have pearls and shiny satin fabric & the white paper on the 'latch' is a metallic shim glitter paper
Pixie Dust Studio -  #62 Don't be square
Samuel Taylors Crafts - Use Copics 
Shelly's Images - Show us what you got - Anything goes 
Blog-a-Doodle - Ribbon, embossing and bling - My fabric I have cut thin to be my ribbon, the DP is embossed and I have bling pearls &the white paper on the 'latch' is a metallic shim glitter paper
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days -  #2 Distress it
Crafts 4 Eternity - Hearts, glitter & pins - I have hearts, the white paper on the 'latch' is a metallic shim glitter paper & I have pins. 
Res-Q-Challenge - RESQ71Make a card including something that makes you happy - I love flowers and I love bling and pearls but I really love making my favorite  flowers.
The Stamp Man - #16 Hearts a theme - metal heart charm & heart shrink plastic charm
Stamp Something - Funky - I think this is funky & hip with the big flowers the satin shine finish
Totally PaperCrafts - #54 Do it with a digi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

36 Treasured comments:

Cards By MI said...

A really sweet colourful creation. Lovely. Thanks for playing with us over at Bearly Mine this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Hands On said...

SO many wonderful things to look at. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

mudmaven said...

Very unique creation! Love all the interesting details. Thanks for playing in our Hearts and Flowers challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week. ~chris

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

From your old chemise? LOL! What a fun and wonderful project!! I love the RED flower! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Karen W said...

Wow this is fantastic, very creative and I agree it would be hard to give this up. Thanks for joining us at Creative Belli.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

What a gorgeous creation no wonder you don't want to part with it! Glad you had fun with the shrink plastic - I use it sometimes too. thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Unknown said...

What a beautiful project! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Shelly's Images. I love visiting your blog to see your newest creations.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful project- I love the distressed coordinations, love the shrink plastic and the beautiful fabric flower! Thanks for joining the Belli Challenge felt/fabric challenge!

pinky said...

Its just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

Very unique indeed! Love all the detail. Thanks for sharing it with us at Papertake Weekly and good luck in all those challenges!

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful bag. The hearts and flowers are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Denise said...

Fabulous! Love the paper roses! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Peggy said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Donna Mosley said...

Wonderful creation, very pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Donna x

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

so beautiful! Truly a work of art! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! How creative... and beautiful, too!

Thank you for participating in the Stamp-n-Doodle Challenge this week!

Brenda said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for playing along at Guylous Inimitability!

Priyanka said...

u r fantastic, very awesome it is.

Thanks for joining with us at Stamp-n-Doodle this week.

Min said...

What a GORGEOUS project - I just LOVE the flower!
So glad you joined us this week for Shelly's Images "Show Us What You Got" Challenge! We hope you'll join us again this week!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my word...this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I just love the colors, papers, and all the shabby chic details!!!! Thanks for playing in the Creative Belli challenge!!!

Unknown said...

this is so lush, i love it, i also love shrink plastic and friendly plastic, you just have to be patient with it lol, great project and well done

thanks for getting crafty with us using plastic at Crafty Cardmakers

hugs
Judie xx

Kim Kelley said...

Wow. Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Guylou's.

maddy hill said...

fabulous creation, love all the little details !
thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
love
maddy x

Barbara said...

This is soooo beautiful! Just had to see how you made it. So many wonderful techniques! Each week your cards or projects are awesome. Love how you photographed it outside. Would enjoy doing that too except snow and paper don't mix too well!! Looking forward to your next design. Hugs XX

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine.....

Hugs
Judith

Jenni said...

Gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days.
Jenni x

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Fabulous project!! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Guylou's!
Cheers!
Guylou

Mandi said...

WOW, you fitted this to so many challenges
Stunning work
thanks for entering our Digi week challenge
mandi
Totally Papercrafts

Gem said...

really pretty creation! Thanks for joining in with our Springtime challenge this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Just dropping by to check out your great card! Thanks for playing along in the "Spring or Flowers" challenge at Forgotten Scraps. ;D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and beautiful creation.So many pretty details.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Jolara said...

beautifull ! Thanks for joining the pixies this week ! joyce xo

Donna said...

Lovely creation, and great job on the shrink plastic too. Thanks for playing along at Bearly Mine this week
hugs
Donna xx

michele said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Tracy said...

wow this is stunning, love the colours and the gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

You always create such amazing projects! I love the work on this one as always - your colors and details are just perfect:) Thanks so much for playing at CARDMADFAIRY DIGI DAYS this time:)

Post a Comment