Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Witch is staying in the closest.

Ok ... So ... Halloween.  I have found this challenge rather hard.  I love all things witchy, magical and mythical but the spirit of Halloween just is not in Oz :(   I have given it a shot (twice even) but ... I promise next year I will be more prepared.  I will be hollowing out a pumpkin, hanging the decorations and getting in the “spirit” and next year for the month of October we are moving to the US of A!

I really wanted to focus on spiders for this card and used my silver embossing powder to give the effect of a web.  The silver detail is all around the card and mixed into nearly every element and piece)

Thanks to I believe Kate Pullen for the cute little digi spider I found here, and also the Boo to You sentiment found here.








What do I love:
Halloween is a challenge for me.
The little spider and his googly eyes and jewelled toes.
The appearance of the silver emboss making the card very web like.
The to die for glitter bat stickers – I love the slime glow green that makes their details stand out.
It's a simple and clean card but still has that "sparkle to it".

Challenges for Boo To You!
* 365 Cards – Super Sketchy Sunday
Lexi’s Creations - #24 Spooky (Mondays)
Paper Playtime  - #20 Orange main colour (Monday’s)
Stampin For the Weekend – Fall/ Halloween (Fridays)
Fussy and Fancy –Halloween (Fridays)
Easy Craft Projects – Halloween (Fridays)
* Bee Crafty - #40 Halloween (Saturdays)

Wow! Three posts in a day! See what happens when I let the kids outside to run wild lol

Fair winds and following seas.
~~The Navy Wife ~~

9 Treasured comments:

Tineke's hobby said...

Fabulous card, lovely haloween colours and i like the spider Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy
Tineke

lalkygirl said...

fab card,love the spider and all the sparkle on the web,gorgeous
thabks for joining us at lexi's and good luck
lalkygirl x

Rose said...

well i live in the US and still don't get into halloween! lol
super card and i LOVE the spider web!!

i see on your side bar that you are a servant to 1 cat...i am one to 2!! lol

TesaB said...

Great take on the halloween challenge and love your take on the sketch! Wow for the spider with net and all!!!

Farida Rone said...

Great card!!! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creation and Good look.
Hugs,
Farida

Tanya said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at Lexi's!

~amy~ said...

Such a Clever take on the sketch!

Pam said...

Such a great way to make a spider web - fab Halloween card!

Janis Lewis said...

Well, when you get here... Welcome to the U. S. of A! Great card and story! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Post a Comment