Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Christmas Rose

365 Cards challenge for day 233 is White Space and it’s a very interesting little challenge that I had to throw my hand up for and I think I hit it on the head.


How does one express, make a statement and make it bold yet still elegant and classy? Well I did it like this.



I used a leather grain embossed plain white card.  I cut 1 extra circle from plain white card stock (I wanted to add another texture into the card) and I red inked around the edges.  I took some chipboard letters (Wish), inked them red, coated them in red Kindy Glitz, glued them onto the circle and then mounted the circle up off the page with some foam tape.

For the bottom circle I wanted to add some more dimension and texture to the card so I made a red ribbon rose.  The faux white stitching on the end of the petals compliments the white space that really normally would be devouring it if it was left ‘flat’.  With the touch of some more red Kindy Glitz on the petal tips the rose then stands out and is equal attention to the eye as the glittered ‘wish’. 

As it is scientifically proven that we see a picture better when it is matted or framed I added a touch of red ink around all the edges of the card (including the fold line) and now when you look at the card you will find your eyes dart back and forth between the glitter ‘Wish’ and the ‘red sparkle rose’.  









I love the versatility of this card, it is Christmas, it is Birthday or even just a note!  Being so quick to make it is easy to whip one up for that forgotten Birthday or those nearly Christmas days when you get a card from someone and you think ‘opps I didn’t send them one! I have to now’.

Challenges for this beautiful rose:

365 Cards - #Day 233 White Space
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday – FTTC89 Focus on the sentiment

Fair winds and following seas,
The Navy Wife

4 Treasured comments:

Merry said...

LOve how you brought science into this card and yes my eyes were darting backwards and forwards to the greeting and rose. Beautiful rose by the way.

Peggy said...

The simplicity of this card is beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Luv that red rose! Great uptake on the challenge! Thanx for playing at 365 Cards!

Unknown said...

Pretty CAS card! I love your Beautiful ribbon rose! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Post a Comment